Graphic Design Internship
How to Apply
Considering a career in graphic design and digital media? If so, you should definitely consider the UK International Center’s graphic design internship!
We’re looking for interns who have excellent oral and written communications skills, who are passionate about the communications/marketing/PR fields and are eager to work in a multicultural environment.
What’s in it for me?
Working with the International Center would give you the opportunity to grow exponentially by working in different aspects of integrated strategic communications and graphic design within the international higher education field.
With this internship you’d be able to learn and apply the basics of public relations and marketing; gain real-world experience applicable to your career; expand your portfolio; work in an international and global setting, which will give you the edge that all college graduates are looking to have; and have the opportunity to work in every area of digital graphics you can think of.
Deadline to Apply
- Spring 2018: December 5, 2017
- Summer 2018: April 29, 2017
- Fall 2018: Sept. 15, 2017
The University of Kentucky International Center is seeking a motivated and creative graphic designer to create graphic content across multiple digital and traditional media including but not limited to:
- Social media
- Posters, flyers, handbills, etc.
As the lead graphic designer for the UK International Center, the graphic designer will collaborate with colleagues and teams to produce visual content that is fresh, simple and highly visual to drive audience engagement and participation. The graphic designer will also assist with layout design and copywriting as needed.
The graphic designer will be responsible for ensuring projects remain consistent in design and align with the UK International Center’s branding and vision.
Successful candidates will demonstrate high creativity, attention to detail, ability to work with diverse teams and audiences including non-graphic design/communications teams, and will have hands-on experience in creating marketing pieces for diverse audiences.
The graphic designer will also work with UKIC vendors to print materials such as flyers and brochures.
The graphic designer will report to the UKIC Marketing and Communications Manager.
- At least 1 year of experience in graphic design, marketing or other creative fields. (internships and on-campus related job experience counts)
Qualified candidates will be detail-oriented, creative, and demonstrate:
- Excellent cross-cultural written and oral communications skills
- Ability to work in teams and with little supervision
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work while under pressure and short deadlines
- Proofreading skills
- Desire to learn in a fast-paced environment
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop)
- Full proficiency in MS Windows, iOS (Apple) and MS Office
- Knowledge of Adobe Premiere and AfterEffects is a plus
How to Apply
Applicants should submit an email to Andrea Gils, Marketing and Communications Manager, UK International Center at email@example.com.
Please include in your subject line: UKIC Graphic Design Internship Application – [TERM: Summer/Fall] [YEAR]: [YOURNAME] and attach ALL of the following items:
- Cover letter expressing interest in the position and why you think you’d be a good fit
- Up-to-date resume
- Three to five design samples (posters, flyers, brochures, banners, ad displays, social media content, posters, non-traditional forms of art, etc.)
For more information please contact Andrea Gils, Marketing and Communications Manager, UK International Center at firstname.lastname@example.org.