PR, Marketing & Communications Internship
Get the experience you've been looking for!
Considering a career in integrated strategic communications/PR? If so, you should definitely consider the UK International Center’s internship!
We’re looking for interns who have excellent oral and written communications skills, who are passionate about the communications/marketing/PR fields and are eager to work in a multicultural environment.
What’s in it for me?
Working with the International Center would give you the opportunity to grow exponentially by working in different aspects of ISC within the international higher education field.
With this internship you’d be able to learn and apply the basics of ISC/PR; gain real-world experience applicable to your career; expand your portfolio; work in an international and global setting, which will give you the edge that all college graduates are looking to have; and have the opportunity to work in every area of ISC you can think of.
Deadline to Apply
- Spring 2019: December 1, 2018
- Summer 2019: April 29, 2019
- Fall 2019: May 30, 2019
The intern will be responsible for assisting with research, planning, execution and evaluation of multiple projects for the UK International Center and its various sub-units.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Content development (photography, video, illustrations and copy for web, print, social media, etc.)
- Design/editing of promotional materials (brochures, flyers, etc.)
- Press release writing (AP Style)
- Conduct and compile research
- Assist in social media community management
- Assist in production and distribution of newsletters
- Apply technology and analytics to identify trends
- Assist in development of monthly reports
- Read and identify media clips from online resources
- Assist with compilation of media coverage reports
- Assist in event planning
Qualified candidates will be detail-oriented, creative and demonstrate:
- Ability to work effectively individually and with others.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work while under pressure and short deadlines.
- Excellent proofreading skills.
- Desire to learn in a fast-paced multicultural environment.
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop).
- Experience using various social media platforms, including but not limited to: Facebook, Twitter and Snapchat.
- Basic knowledge and/or aptitude to learn Facebook Insights and Twitter Analytics, and Hootsuite or similar social media management tool.
- Working knowledge of iOS (Apple) and MS Office.
- Basic knowledge of Associated Press Style. Familiarity with ISC/PR through past coursework or other internships is desirable. PRSSA, Ad Club and AMA members are highly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Applicants should submit an email to Andrea Gils, Marketing and Communications Manager, UK International Center at email@example.com.
Please include in your subject line: UKIC Internship Application – [TERM: Summer/Fall] [YEAR]: [YOURNAME] and attach ALL of the following items:
- Cover letter expressing interest in the position and why you think you’d be a good fit
- Up-to-date resume
- Three to five work samples (writing, design, social media, etc.)
- List of social media profiles (personal and/or that you've managed during an internship or past job) - please include links
For more information please contact Andrea Gils, Marketing and Communications Manager, UK International Center at firstname.lastname@example.org.