Video Production Assistant
The Video Production Assistant will be responsible for assisting in all aspects of video production to support the development of programs and initiatives for the University of Kentucky International Center and its subunits, including but not limited to International Recruitment, Education Abroad & Exchanges, International Student & Scholar Services, Office of China Initiatives, Confucius Institute and Global Health Initiatives. The Video Production Assistant will work under the leadership of the UK International Center’s Marketing and Communications Manager who will guide the development of new video strategy for the UKIC.
Type of position: Student, Part-Time (10 hrs/week)
Highly competitive candidates will have experience in any or all of the following areas of video production (screenwriting; directing; camera operation; cinematography; audio recording; post-production/editing; audio finalization). Previous experience with Windows and/or Macintosh operating systems.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in all aspects of video production (i.e. script/copywriting, directing, camera operation, video editing, publishing, etc.)
- Assist in development of a visual communications strategy which includes latest industry trends (e.g. live streaming) for each of its units
- Create graphic images and credits.
- Maintain a catalog of materials and maintain an accessible inventory/library.
- Advise on the concept creation and storytelling of future videos
- Create reports and tracking mechanisms that enables the office to assess the success of a project/campaign
- Proficiency with Adobe Premiere CC, Final Cut Pro, iMovie, Camtasia, or equivalent, including media management
- Proficiency with Adobe Photoshop CC and/or Adobe Illustrator CC
- Understanding of common multimedia formats and export options
- Some experience with storyboarding and/or production planning
- Familiarity with online media distribution sites, such as YouTube or Vimeo
- Competency with both Mac and Windows operating systems
- Creative storytelling skills
Other Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to work effectively individually and with others
- Proactive, motivated, and communicative attitude towards work-related activities
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work while under pressure and short deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
Desire to work and learn in a fast-paced multicultural environment.