UK graduate students (PhD students preferred, Masters students with strong teaching experience will be considered)
· Length: One (1) Semester: Fall, September to January or Spring, February to June.
· Teaching: Tutorials or faculty teaching aid in classes (English Class: maximum 20 students; Other subject classes: maximum of 40 students)
· Teaching hours: At most 10 hours per week
General Education courses. Subjects include but not limited to the following areas: (Language: All courses should be taught in English)
- Business: Accounting and Finance, Economics, Globalization, Innovation and Entrepreneurship.
- Sciences: Applied Sciences, Civil Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science
- Foreign Language: English Literature & Arts, History
BIT Zhuhai will cover the following:
- International Round-trip tickets
- Economy coach class, not exceeding $2000.00.
- Flight route should be from U.S. city to Zhuhai and Zhuhai to U.S. departure city.
- Graduate students are to cover their own expenses if the travel route is different from simple round trip from U.S. city to Zhuhai
- One semester accommodation including weekends and holidays in on-campus housing
- Health insurance during their semester in Zhuhai
- Teaching stipend:
- RMB8,000 per month before tax (approximately $1,100 before tax)
- $3,000 (USD) to be paid monthly at $600 (USD) for 5 months (this is for Ph.D. students to pay for their UK tuition while away in Zhuhai)
- At completion of the semester, TAs with good performance may be eligible for a small bonus at the discretion of BIT Zhuhai.
- International round trip airfare will be reimbursed upon first week of arrival
- Teaching stipend and the $3,000 to offset UK tuition will be paid monthly by BIT
1. Complete application package including ALL items below by March 13
- Application Form
- Dean's recommendation form
- Director of Graduate Studies recommendation form
- Cover Letter
2. Submit your application packet to Kathryn T. Bliss at email@example.com
- OCI and UK Confucius Institute will work with BIT to determine acceptance
3. Wait for your notification of acceptance. You'll hear from us by April 3
4. Application deadline: March 13
NOTE: Only complete applications submitted by the deadline will be considered.
- A valid passport is needed for this trip. The passport must be valid at least 6 months at the conclusion of the trip, which means for example, the passport must be valid until July 2018 for Fall Semester or December 2018 for Spring Semester
- UKCI will assist in the visa application for successful candidates. A visa application fee of $333.50 to be covered by the successful applicants. (Visa application fee is subject to change depending on the actual cost).
- If you are earning academic credit from an institution in China or UK course credit for work done in China (for example, independent study credit), you must complete a separate application through UK Education Abroad & Exchanges. For more information on this process, please contact Assistant Director of Education Abroad Niamh Minion at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you will not be earning academic credit during your time in China, you must register with the Office of International Health, Safety & Security.
- If you are enrolled in dissertation residency credit, please contact Jason Hope at email@example.com, Director of the Office of International Health, Safely & Security, for more information.
- Final acceptance cannot be confirmed until students have registered with the appropriate office.
- As part of the registration process, all students will be enrolled in UK’s international travel medical insurance & evacuation coverage. The cost of this coverage ($10.50 per week) will be billed to their student account.
- Office of China Initiatives and Confucius Institute will host two mandatory orientations for graduate students who are selected to go to BIT to prepare them for their teaching and living in Zhuhai.