Matriculating UK graduate students at either the master's or doctoral level may apply.
· Length: one academic year (2019 - 2020)
· All teaching will be for undergraduate students
· Subject area: English as a Second Language
· Instructional level: full-time assistant professor
· Number of courses taught & number of students per course: TBD
· Maximum teaching responsibility 2-4 classes per day, 4 days a week; number of teaching/office hours per week TBD
· Subject area of teaching will be English as a Second Language under an established curriculum
· All classes to be taught in English
QUT will cover the following:
- International round-trip tickets: economy coach class, not exceeding $2,000
- Free accommodation for one academic year
- Teaching stipend: 9,000 RMB/month (approx. $1,315.09/month at exchange rate of 6.84 RMB = $1)
1. Complete application package including ALL items below (application deadline: TBD)
- Letter of recommendation from Applicant's Director of Graduate Studies (DGS) or advising professor
- Letter should include a statement that the applicant may participate in this program
- Letter may be emailed to Dr. Kathryn T. Bliss at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Qualtrics application form (link forthcoming)
- Applicant background information
- Curriculum vitae
- Statement of interest
- An interview with UK Graduate Student Teach in China Program administrators
- A class observation of your teaching by Program administrator(s)
2. Office of China Initiatives, UK Confucius Institute, and the UK Graduate School will work with QUT to determine acceptance.
3. Wait for your notification of acceptance (date of notification: TBD).
NOTE: Only complete applications submitted by the deadline will be considered.
- A valid passport is needed for this trip. The passport must be valid at least 6 months from the conclusion of the applicant's program in China.
- UK Confucius Institute will assist in the visa application for successful applicants. A visa application fee of $333.50 to be covered by successful applicants. (Visa application fee is subject to change depending on the actual cost).
- The Office of China Initiatives, UK Confucius Institute and UK Graduate School will host a mandatory orientation for graduate students who are selected to teach at QUT to prepare them for their teaching and living in Qingdao, China.