Follow these Steps
To apply for a China visa, you must first have a passport, which should be valid for at least 6 months from the date of return, and at least one completely blank page for the visa to be pasted into. The cost for a passport is not reimbursable per UK Business Policies and Procedures. The traveler must gather the documents below and appear in person at a U.S. Post Office or Court House, or apply online.
- Visa Application Form typed in Capital Letters
- 48mmx33mm photo
- Text – Copy of drivers license
Below you can find a partially filled visa application form. Please complete and return to Dai Jie at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The form should be typed in CAPITAL LETTERS*.
- Exception: Part 4 requires your original signature.
- If an item does not apply to you, please type N/A.
- Parts 1.1-1.14 must match what appears on your passport. All other parts must be filled out accurately and to the best of your knowledge.
- 1.3 “Other Name”- Maiden name, former married name, etc.
- 1.9 “Local ID/Citizenship Number”- Driver’s license number.
- 1.10 “Passport/Travel Document type”- Ordinary.
- 1.23 “Major Family Members”- Only for members who live with you.
- 2.1 “Major Purpose of Your Visit”- Tourism.
- 2.3 “Express Service”- No.
- 3.6 If none, type “N/A”.
- 3.7 If none, type “N/A”.
Things we need from you:
- Visa application form: Should be printed out, signed and completed.
- Passport: Should be signed, valid for 1 year beyond stay in China and with at least one blank visa page available for the Chinese visa.
- Photo: One recent 48mmx33mm passport type photo, in color, front view and with a plain/light background.
- One copy of your driver’s license.
- Application and processing fee: $333.50. Personal or business checks and UK JV Department Transfers accepted. Please make checks out to University of Kentucky Confucius Institute. Address: 6D Lucille Fine Arts Little Library. Lexington, KY 40506
For any further questions or assistance with the visa application form process, please contact Xiaowen Liu at email@example.com or (859) 257-4523.
In accordance with the instruction from Chinese Embassy in US, Applicant is required to submit one photo while applying for Chinese visa. The following detailed requirements of the photo should be satisfied:
- It must be a color photo with white background, taken recently within the last 6 months.
- Photo size: 48mmx33mm, width of heard:15mm to 22mm, height of head: 28mm to 33mm. Please refer to the picture below:
- While taking the photo, please face the camera with the entire head and face clearly visible. The facial expression should be neutral with eyes open, lips closed and ears visible. Head position: ≤20°left or right tilt, and ≤25°up or down tilt. There should be no extra movement or objects visible in the photo.
- Facial features should be complete and clearly visible, with the head centered in the photo. Eyeglasses are not allowed. Hat or other head wears are only permitted due to religious reasons, but any facial features should not be obscured. Ears should be seen from the photo. Mouth should be closed.
- There should be no damages or impurities on the photo, no permeation or shadow over the face. Photo should be in natural tone, but not over or under exposed, red-eyed or distorted.
- You need to wear dark clothes when you take the photo, like black, dark blue, dark green, etc.