China into Colleges Grant
Funded through the UK Confucius Institute (UKCI), this new grant supports college-wide programs/activities focusing on China. Selected colleges will each receive $10,000 to fund China-related activities in the spring semester or fall semester of 2019. Programs can be, but are not limited to, a college-wide China Day, invited speaker events, workshops, a series of events and activities spread out during the semester.
GRANT FOCUS AREAS
- UKCI is interested in funding UK colleges pursuing China-focused programs.
- Grants cannot be deferred and recipients may only hold one active UKCI grant at a time. Funds must be used in accordance with standard University of Kentucky funding policies.
Colleges seeking grant funding will be required to complete an application form. Click here to apply.
The following are required:
- Proposal Narrative: Proposals should be no more than 2 pages, single-spaced, 12 pt. font. Narratives should include a description of the overall project and the timeline for its completion. This description should include an explanation of what the project is about, its central goals, and the significance of them. An outline of the project’s relationship to relevant literature may be included.
- Administrative recommendation: Proposals must be supported by a letter from the dean explaining how the proposed activity contributes to the development and advancement of China-related knowledge at and beyond the college.
- Any additional information relevant to the proposal.
- Proposed budget: clearly proposes how funds would be used and any other sources of funding.
The UKCI Steering Committee’s Grant Sub-committee will evaluate all proposals and make the final decisions regarding the awards. The criteria used in evaluating proposals include:
- Likelihood that the proposed programs will be completed;
- Degrees that the proposed programs will advance understanding about China or China-related subjects at and beyond the college;
- Impact of the proposed programs.
- The deadline for proposals is midnight Feb. 20, 2019
- Awards will be announced by March 15, 2019.
- Questions should be directed to Huajing Maske at firstname.lastname@example.org