Eighteen UK faculty from various disciplines will be selected to teach in this program. The program will take place on the campus of China University of Mining and Technology, located in Xuzhou, China
- Length: One month, not including travel time
- Teaching hours: 8-12 hours per week, depending on course taught.
- Program Requirements:
- Teach 8 -12 hours per week, depending on course taught;
- Work 5 - 10 hours in office per week, depending on course taught;
- Participate in departmental and university activities;
- Give a presentation or seminar in your research area (optional)
- Total Teaching Hours: 32 - 48 (CUMT students receive 1-2 credits depending on different courses)
All courses should be taught in English. Suggested courses include but not limited to the following areas:
- Land Reclamation and Environment Evaluation (32 class hours)
- Engineering fluid mechanics (48 class hours)
- Engineering Thermodynamics (48 class hours)
- Basis of Power System (40 class hours)
- Formation and control technology of combustion pollutant (32 class hours)
- Hydraulic transmission (32 class hours)
- Equipment condition monitoring and fault diagnosis (32 class hours)
- Dynamics of mechanical systems (32 class hours)
- Advanced manufacturing technology (32 class hours)
- An introduction to Robotics (32 class hours)
- Teaching Quality Standard for Mineral Processing (32 class hours)
- Advances in Mineral Processing (32 class hours)
- STUDIO Ecology and Technology (48 class hours)
- Architecture Design (48 class hours)
- STUDIO Product Semantics Design (48 class hours)
- STUDIO (5) Interactive Product Design (48 class hours)
- Music Performance Skills (48 class hours)
- Instruction of Vocal Arts (48 class hours)
- Employee Training and Development (32 class hours)
- Performance Management(48 class hours)
- Financial Data Analysis (32 class hours)
Applicants should fill out the form (click here) no later than the application deadline. Complete applications include:
- A complete application form
- A complete Dean’s recommendation form (click HERE to download)
- Applicant resume
- A complete course syllabus
After a complete application is submitted, the OCI and UKCI work with China University of Mining and Technology to determine acceptance by the decision notice date.
- China University of Mining and Technology will cover the following:
- International Round-trip tickets (Economy class, not exceeding $2,000.00. Flight route should be from US departure city to China gateway city to Xuzhou and Xuzhou to China gateway city to US departure city ).
- Accommodation provided free-of-charge for 1 month (including weekends) in Xuzhou
- Meal allowance: ¥ 1,500.00 in total (approx. $217.00)
- Teaching stipend:
- For course with 32 class hours:
- Associate Professor: Not to exceed ¥40,000.00 in total (before tax, approx. $5,800.00)
- Professor: Not to exceed ¥60,000.00 in total (before tax, approx. $8,700.00)
- The teaching stipend will increase or decrease depending on the number of required teaching hours for different subjects.
- For course with 32 class hours:
- International roundtrip airfare will be reimbursed after teaching is completed at the end of the first week.
- The stipend will be paid by two installments. One payment is in the second week, with the other one at the beginning of the last week of teaching.
- Compensation currency is in RMB (Chinese Yuan).
The UK Office of China Initiatives and Confucius Institute will host two required orientations for faculty who are selected to go to China University of Mining and Technology.
- First orientation: Tuesday, March 26, from 5-7 PM at the new UKCI space located on the Ground Floor of the Lucille C. Little Fine Arts Library;
- Second orientation: Tuesday, April 16, from 5-7 PM at the new UKCI space located on the Ground Floor of the Lucille C. Little Fine Arts Library.
Visa and Passport:
- A valid passport is needed for this trip. The passport must be valid at least 6 months at the conclusion of the trip, which means, the passport must be valid through December 2019.
- UKCI will handle the visa application for successful candidates. Candidates are responsible for paying a visa application fee of $333.50.
Health and Safety: