High School Students Experiencing China Field Study
The UK Confucius Institute offers a 14-day field study in China designed to help high school students expand their Chinese language and cultural experiences. Participants will receive a scholarship to cover all expenses within China (meals, accommodation, inter-city transportation by air or train, admission to cultural and historical sites, tuition for studying at Shanghai University, local transportation, airport pick up). Participants will bear the responsibility for international round trip airfare, insurance, and visa application fee. Trip participants will also be invited to submit photo entries to the “China In My Lens” photo contest in the fall.
All applicants should meet the following criteria:
- United States citizen;
- Currently enrolled high school student (grades 9-12) between ages 15 and 18;
- Non-heritage Chinese background and fewer than three years of Chinese learning experience;
- Great interest in Chinese language and culture;
- Adequate health for international travel.
- Travel dates: June 10-24, 2019
- Application deadline: February 19, 2019
- Submit a reference letter from a teacher or principal with the online application.
- Please email Carrie Wheeler, email@example.com for further information or questions.
- Complete the 2019 UKCI High School Students Experiencing China Field Study Online Application.
- Request a reference letter from a teacher or principal
- Application deadline: Monday, February 19, 2019. Applications will be reviewed by the scholarship committee, and students will be notified of the results after March 1, 2019.
- Please email Ms. Carrie Wheeler: firstname.lastname@example.org for further information or with questions.
Thank you for your interest and cooperation. We anticipate another successful trip this year and look forward to receiving Kentucky high schools students this summer for this exciting opportunity.