- UK Confucius Institute assists in designing and planning the program and bringing professional Chinese language teachers to jump-start the Chinese language and culture program.
- UK Confucius Institute assists schools in conducting professional development workshops for the sponsored Chinese teachers.
- KY Educators’ Study Trip to China: This is a 14-day education trip hosted by the Confucius Institute and designed to help decision makers start and expand their Chinese language and culture programs. All expenses within China are paid by the Institute, excluding international airfare and visa application fees.
- KY High School Students’ Study Trip to China: This is a 14-day study tour of China designed to help high school students to expand their Chinese language and cultural experiences. All expenses within China are paid by the Confucius Institute, excluding international airfare and visa application fees.
- Professional development for teachers
- The UK Confucius Institute offers a series of four seminars on China: Chinese Religions and Philosophies, Chinese Art, Chinese Literature and Modern Chinese History. These one-day seminars, presented by scholars in the field, are designed to enrich knowledge of these topics in preparation for their integration into classrooms. While teachers may choose to attend one or more of these seminars, teachers who attend all sessions will be highly considered for the Kentucky Educators’ Study Trip to China. A set of “course books” will be provided to teachers by the UK Confucius Institute.
- UKCI cultural showcase and school visits: The UKCI Chinese culture specialist team will make visits to K-12 schools
Demonstrations and workshop topics include:
- Chinese martial arts and Tai Chi
- Chinese calligraphy
- Chinese painting
- Chinese music
- Chinese tea ceremony
- Chinese dance
- Chinese paper-cutting art