UKIC / International Health, Safety & Security / Prep / Traveler Security / Non-U.S. Citizen Information

Non-U.S. Citizen Information

International Student Information

Many international students participate on Education Abroad programs each year, in addition to doing other non-credit academic work outside the U.S. However, to ensure that they maintain status, international students should take the following points into consideration well before their departure: 

  • All students in F or J status must complete their travel request form in iCat before departure. 

  • To maintain F or J status, students must be enrolled full-time in each fall and spring semester. Please contact the office of International Student & Scholar Services if you have any questions regarding this point.  

  • Remember: travel signatures are only valid for one year. Make sure to check your passport and visa stamp for dates of validity. 

  • Entry requirements abroad may be different for you depending on your nationality. Find out if you will need a visa for any country you will be traveling to or through! 

  • If you have concerns about your ability to return to the U.S. after your trip abroad, please set up a time to chat with a student immigration services specialist in the UK International Center. 

Welcome to the UK International Center! Bradley Hall is currently open for document drop-off and appointments only. Please contact a member of our team to schedule an appointment. We look forward to seeing you!