UKIC / International Student & Scholar Services / Hiring International Faculty & Staff

Hiring International Faculty & Staff

International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS) provides information and assistance to colleges and departments as they seek to employ or host international faculty and staff at the University of Kentucky. All UK departments and centers should consult with the appropriate ISSS advisor before making any offer of employment to a candidate who holds a current non-immigrant visa status in the U.S. or who resides outside the United States.  

Check out the information below to learn about the most commonly sponsored visa types.  Please feel free to contact us and we’ll guide you through the entire process. We also orient visitors by offering visa-specific immigration advising and information about living and working in the United States.

The following visa categories and guidelines are not meant to be exhaustive. They have been prepared to provide a starting point for departments requiring the services of ISSS with respect to the hiring of non-immigrants.  

Inviting J-1 Exchange Visitors

Hiring H-1B Candidates

Sponsoring Green Cards

Other Employment Visa Types