UKIC / International Student & Scholar Services / International Faculty & Staff / Green Card (Permanent Residence)

Green Card (Permanent Residence)

A permanent resident or green card holder is someone who is not a U.S. citizen but has been authorized to permanently live and work in the United States. An immigrant visa petition is usually filed by an employer or relative. 

The University of Kentucky will sponsor permanent residency petitions for certain qualified positions with prior approval from the supervisor or department head. Some positions do not qualify for sponsorship. Please refer to the University Sponsorship Policy   

University of Kentucky departments seeking permanent residence (green card) for an employee must  first contact the International Student & Scholar Services staff: 

Elizabeth Leibach, Director of International Student & Scholar Services.