UKIC / International Student & Scholar Services / International Faculty & Staff / J-1 Exchange Visitors / J-2 Employment

J-2 Employment

J-2 dependents are eligible to work while in the US and can apply for employment authorization by completing form I-765 from USCIS.  Once approved, the J-2 will receive an Employment Authorization Document also known as the EAD card.  The J-2 may begin employment only after receiving the EAD and applying for a social security number. 

The I-765 application form can be found at www.uscis.govin the "Forms" area. Further instructions are available under J-2 Employment Instructions, see below.