UKIC / International Student & Scholar Services / International Faculty & Staff / J-1 Exchange Visitors / Transfers


Transferring to UK from Another University 
All J-1 Exchange Visitors have a SEVIS record and number. Scholars planning to transfer to the University of Kentucky must notify their current J-1 Advisor of their plans to transfer to UK. Their Advisor will then release their SEVIS record to UK so that a new DS-2019 can be issued once the J-1 scholar has met with the new J-1 Advisor at UK. Only scholars who have maintained legal J-1 status are eligible to transfer. 

Transferring from UK to Another University
You must complete the Transfer Out e-form found under the J-1 Scholar Services tab in iCAT. UK will retain control over your scholar records in SEVIS until the "transfer out" date is reached. The transfer may be canceled at any time prior to the transfer out date, but it cannot be canceled after the transfer out date has been reached