Distinguished Faculty Achievements in Education Abroad Award
This award seeks to recognize UK faculty who demonstrate a commitment to global engagement and excellence in teaching through facilitating an education abroad program.
Open to full-time faculty (tenured, tenure-track, lecturer) and instructional staff who have been on the faculty for two or more years, with demonstrated records of excellence in the development of a for-credit faculty-directed education abroad program(s) that meets the Standards of Good Practice for Short-Term Education Abroad Programs:
- Student Learning and Development – Learning Outcomes and Student Development
- Academic Framework – Curricular Integration and Coursework
- Organizational and Program Resources
- Health, Safety and Security
- Ethics and Integrity
- Complete online UK-GIA Nomination Form (required documents may be uploaded in the form).
- Submit narrative describing the nominee’s qualities, achievements and work (describe how these reflect the award criteria – up to three pages).
- Upload nominee’s résumé/CV.
- Self-nominators, please submit one letter of support from an additional referee.
- Self-nominations are accepted.
- Nominators must be affiliated with the University of Kentucky (faculty, staff, or students).
- Nominators cannot nominate a single candidate for multiple UKIC Awards in the same year.
- EAC committee members and past awardees are not eligible to be nominated. Current EAC committee members and UKIC staff are not eligible to be a nominator.