Distinguished Staff Achievements in Campus Internationalization Award
This award seeks to recognize UK non-academic staff who demonstrate outstanding commitment, support and service to international students, staff, or visiting scholars/researchers at UK, and/or to UK students, faculty and staff engaging in education abroad activities.
Open to full-time non-academic staff who have been employed at UK for one or more years, and are NOT employed within the UK International Center, with demonstrated records of excellence in one or several of the following areas while at UK:
- Academic Advising and other support of international degree-seeking students and/or incoming international visiting or exchange students
- Academic advising and other support for domestic students engaging in or considering education abroad activities
- International student recruitment and retention efforts
- Mentorship and support for student groups focused on international activities or issues
- Development, implementation and administration of student or faculty/staff mobility programs
- Development and administration of on-campus programming or activities that cultivate inter-cultural communication, understanding and appreciation
- Advising, advocating for, and supporting diverse international staff, postdocs and visiting scholars to create a welcoming and inclusive campus environment
- Complete online Nomination Application.
(required documents may be uploaded through the form).
- Submit narrative describing the nominee’s qualities, achievements and work (describe how these reflect the award criteria – up to three pages).
- Upload nominee’s résumé/CV.
- Self-nominators, please submit one letter of support from an additional referee.
- Self-nominations are accepted.
- Nominees must NOT be employed within the UK International Center.
- Nominators must be affiliated with the University of Kentucky (faculty, staff, or students).
- Nominators cannot nominate a single candidate for multiple UKIC Awards in the same year.