UK Alumni Global Impact Award
This award seeks to recognize alumni whose highly distinguished careers have featured significant work outside the United States that has resulted in outstanding contributions to their communities or professions in global contexts, and/or who have exemplified ideals of global citizenship through the promotion of inter-cultural communication and mutual understanding, international peace and security, or responsible and sustainable international development.
All eligible UK alumni will:
- Have received a degree from the University of Kentucky (in exceptional cases, attendance without a degree may be considered).
- NOT currently be members of the University of Kentucky’s faculty, staff or Board of Trustees.
- Be highly distinguished in their businesses, professions or lives’ work; either internationally or within their home countries.
- Have a significant record of achievement and recognition for international work that inspires students, faculty and staff.
- Have made significant contributions to their communities or professions, humanity, science, art or human welfare that have had a positive impact on the world.
- Have life activities that reflect the importance of the education received at the University of Kentucky.
- Complete online UK-GIA Nomination Form (required documents may be uploaded in the form).
- Submit narrative describing the nominee’s qualities, achievements and work (describe how these reflect the award criteria – up to three pages).
- Upload nominee’s résumé/CV.
- Self-nominators, please submit one letter of support from an additional referee.
- Self-nominations are accepted.
- Nominators cannot nominate a single candidate for multiple UK-GIA Awards in the same year.