LEXINGTON, Ky. (Sept. 10, 2018) - Education Abroad & Exchanges (EA) at the University of Kentucky will host its Fall Fair from 3-6 p.m. on Tuesday, Sept. 18, in the Bill Gatton Student Center Grand Ballroom.
The Fall Fair is EA’s biggest event of the year. At the kick-off, students will have the opportunity to learn about EA offerings, speak with program and department representatives and determine which type of program is the best fit for their major and interests. In addition, students can chat with other campus resources, including the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships, James W. Stuckert Career Center and Wildcat Passport Acceptance Facility.
“Students should take advantage of the Fall Fair to get early information on EA opportunities and to be able to talk to EA peer ambassadors about their experiences,” Neha Yousuf, a broadcast journalism and communications sophomore, said. “I highly encourage students to study abroad because they will have the chance to immerse themselves into a new culture and will also get to see how their majors are applied around the world.”
At the fair, six STA Travel vouchers will be raffled off - one $1,500 voucher and five $100 vouchers. Students will be automatically be entered into the raffle at the event check-in by swiping their UK ID card. Giveaways at the fair will include, t-shirts and Auntie Anne’s pretzels while supplies last.
Students will be able to gather information about scholarship and funding options at the event. During the fair, attendees are encouraged to visit the following sponsors:
- Knowledge Exchange Institute (KEI): Automatic $1,000 scholarship awarded to UK students on semester and academic year KEI programs.
- SOL Education Abroad (SOL): SOL offers $250-$750 awards for programs in Latin America.
- The Cooperative Center for Study Abroad (CCSA): CCSA awards one $1,000 semester or summer Storyteller scholarship.
- Global Experiences: Global Experiences offers full, partial and travel-oriented scholarships for both summer and semester terms. Award amounts vary.
- International Studies Abroad (ISA): ISA offers scholarships of different amounts to students on their programs. UK students are also eligible to apply for the UKEA and ISA Diversity Scholarship, an award up to $5000.
- Kentucky Institute for International Studies (KIIS): KIIS offers two $750 winter scholarships for UK students. Students can also apply for other KIIS scholarships for their program term.
- CEA: CEA offers scholarships from $300 - $3,000.
The UK EA scholarship deadline for spring programs is October 1. To find out more about additional scholarship opportunities before the fair, visit the EA website.
UK Education Abroad has more than 460 programs available in more than 70 countries. In addition to study abroad opportunities, students can participate in internship, service, research and teaching programs abroad. Students interested in learning more about education abroad opportunities can visit http://international.uky.edu/ea or visit the Advising Center at 315 Bradley Hall. For more information on how to #SeeBlueAbroad, stay up to date with UK EA events, deadlines and more on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.