This is an endowed scholarship in memory of an outstanding international student, Viji Jeganathan. The purpose of the scholarship is to recognize an individual who demonstrates leadership and ability in bridging cultural differences and who by example promotes communication among students of diverse nationalities at U.K. or in the Lexington Community.
One $1,000 scholarship
Criteria of Eligibility
- An International or American student.
- A Junior, Senior, or Graduate student who has completed at least three semesters at U.K.
- Currently enrolled full-time at U.K.
- Cumulative G.P.A. - 2.8 for undergraduate; 3.3 for graduates.
- Has participated in OIA programs or campus or community activities that promote international awareness and understanding.
- Demonstrates leadership ability by example
- Demonstrates exemplary character and integrity
- Has not previously received this scholarship
Application Deadline: April 6, 2018
Announcement of scholarship award will be at the Awards and Recognition Ceremony on April 11, 2018
Instructions for Making Application
- Print an unofficial transcript from myUK.
- Request a letter of recommendation from a U.K. faculty members or a staff member who can comment on your role in promoting cross-cultural understanding. The letter of recommendation can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Submit an essay of about 500 words discussing your own experiences with cultural or ethnic differences. Talk about the means you have used to overcome barriers between people or ways you have helped others to bridge differences that divide people.
- Submit with the application form, all supporting documents (transcripts and a type essay) to: Room 210 Bradley Hall before the deadline, April 6, 2018 at 4:00 pm.