The UK International Center is now accepting application for the Viji Jaganathan Scholarship for Cross-Cultural Understanding. This is an endowed scholarship in memory of an outstanding international student, Viji Jeganathan. The purpose of the scholarship is to recognize an individual who demonstrates leadership and ability in bridging cultural differences and who by example promotes communication among students of diverse nationalities at UK or in the Lexington Community.
Application Deadline: March 22, 2019
Award: One $1,000 scholarship
Criteria of Eligibility:
- An international or domestic student.
- Current student who has completed at least three semesters at UK.
- Currently enrolled full-time at UK Cumulative GPA of 2.8 for undergraduate or 3.3 for graduates.
- Participated in International Center programs or other activities that promote international awareness and understanding.
- Demonstrates leadership ability by example.
- Demonstrates exemplary character and integrity.
- Has not previously received this scholarship.
- Completed scholarship application.
- Unofficial transcript from myUK.
- One letter of recommendation from a UK faculty or staff member who can comment on your role in promoting cross-cultural understanding.
- 500 word essay discussing your experiences with cultural or ethnic differences. Talk about the means you have used to overcome barriers between people or ways you have helped others to bridge differences that divide people.