EDC 575: Education in Chinese Culture - A Faculty Directed Travel Course
Taught by Dr. Huajing Maske, students will travel to Beijing, Shanghai and Xi'an, China, over the course of two weeks in the summer. Students can earn EDC 575 credit with this course. All in-China program expenses will be covered by an OCI scholarship.
- Visit two of the eight wonders of the world: The Great Wall of China & the Terra Cotta Warriors and Horse;
- Visit Chinese K-12 schools and sit in classes to experience the Chinese way of teaching and learning;
- Interact with Chinese students and teachers on topics that are of the same interest and conduct interviews with them;
- Study Chinese calligraphy and painting on a Chinese university campus and learn about the magic of Chinese characters;
- Visit the world-renowned Shanghai Museum to see artifacts which are thousands of years old.
DATES FOR THIS COURSE ARE TBD.
Get alerted when the application opens!